Thank you for using www.summerillandbishop.com (the ‘site’). We respect the privacy of our online customers and our intention is to provide you with an enjoyable, private browsing experience.
Summerill & Bishop may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Information we collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the site, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on the site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on or via our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. We may automatically collect technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate, or the websites of our affiliates, or the other services that we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
What we do with the information we collect
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form, or registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including record keeping, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
We may share your information with selected third parties including business partners, affiliates, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. We may also share your information with advertisers and advertising networks that require data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others, and with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Data Protection Act
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and concerning the personal information we gather about you, the data controllers are Summerill & Bishop and Shopify Inc, a Canadian company with headquarters at 150 Elgin Street, 8th Floor, Ottawa, ON K2P 1L4, Canada.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You may, under the Data Protection Act 1998, request details of personal information about you that we hold. If you believe that any information about you that we are holding is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Contact us at Summerill & Bishop, 100 Portland Road, London, W11 4LQ or email email@example.com if you have any concerns regarding your personal information. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
When you order from our site all payments are processed by Sage Pay, Paypal or Shopify. All payment providers use secure server software that guarantee to protect your information whenever you place an order with us or access your account details. This software encrypts the information you input on a secure socket layer (SSL), and protects the confidentiality and integrity of your information from unauthorised access and disclosure. Our payment providers ensure transaction data is kept secure at all times and no cardholder information is ever passed unencrypted.
The CVV (Card Verification Value code) is the security code number on the back of your credit/debit card, above your signature (the last 3 digits) or the 4 digit code on the front of your American Express card above the long account number. The CVV code maybe referred to as CSC, CV2, CVC or CID but the function is the same for all major card types. We do not store your CVV number, but use it to perform a security check.
To afford our customers more comfort while shopping on our site, we have introduced Verified by Visa and Mastercard SecureCode. These services protect your existing card account against unauthorised use when you shop with us. In order to use this service you must first register with the bank or organisation that issued your card. Once you've registered and created your own private password with your card issuer, you will be automatically prompted to provide this password each time you make a purchase.
You can find out more about these services:
Links to third party websites
Our site may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such websites and such websites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us, at any time, not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
If you wish to exercise this right, or have any questions about the security of our site generally, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org