The Summerill & Bishop shop first opened its doors 21 years ago in Holland Park, London. Started by two incredibly elegant and talented women, June Summerill & Bernadette Bishop, it has been bringing a modern sense of rustic style to West London ever since. Much loved by locals, and lauded by the press and many famous customers, the Summerill & Bishop name has become well known as much for style, as for unusual and top quality products for the home and kitchen.
In 2015 Bernadette’s son took over as CEO and is now leading the company in a new and exciting direction, which has resulted in a newly created role for a sales assistant in our flagship store.
The main duties of the role:
*Customer Service and Sales
*Provide high customer service standards in order to achieve targets and maximise sales
*Ensure a luxury customer experience and after sales care
*Along with the manager - fulfill all online sales and after care
*Being a S&B Ambassador
*Restocking all products
*Ensure the presentation of the shop floors falls in line with the brand visual guide
*Updating all visual merchandising with the Designer
*Ensuring the shop is clean and tidy at all times
*Be a key holder for the shop
The ideal candidates will:
*Have a passion for the luxury sector, and understand the current trends of the market.
*Be well presented.
*At least one year experience in luxury retail.
*Providing exceptional standard of one on one customer service.
*Proven track record of sales excellence individually and within a team.
*Have the ability to be an active team player.
*Good time management: Must have the ability to work to deadlines and adapt to changes.
*Looking for a long term career within our company.
This is a varied and interesting role for a super organized and professional Administrator.
As our Office Administrator and Team PA - you will have a pivotal position in our business and be integral to all the mechanisms of our business. Overseeing the functioning of our office, for our small and rapidly growing, vibrant team.
You will be the main point of contact for all employees, providing administrative support.
We’re a busy office, with lots of people coming and going, and multiple projects on the go at any time, so there will always be plenty to do, for someone who loves to keep busy!!
You are professional, proactive, responsive and efficient. You will need to be organised to super human levels and love organising others too (even when they don’t like it)
Time management and strategic planning are integral to being successful in this role. You will need to be resourceful and detail orientated.
As a self-motivated individual, you preemptively work unsupervised but are ready to jump into action with team tasks and are always on hand with client facing spirit! You have exemplary people skills as well as communication skills – written and verbal.
You anticipate needs, and love variety and a challenge!!
Specifications of the role:
Overseeing all office functions
HR Admin– Maintain HR files and records
- Ensure all new starters have all the necessary forms to sign, and these are securely stored digitally and physically
- Set up files for new starters
- Maintain personnel files
- Managing holiday, sickness, attendance and absence records
Office Support – Assist with presentation preparation, and collating documents for meetings.
- Offer secretarial support if necessary for creating documents, emails etc.
Financial Admin – Reconciling monthly credit card statements to receipts
- Updating office expenses and budget management
- Manage petty cash for office
Maintain office supplies – ordering and monitoring of stationary etc.
Maintain office equipment – organise repairs etc.
Health and Safety/ First Aid – maintain office First Aid supplies
- Ensure all H&S policies are being followed in the office
Office building maintenance – Maintain a smooth running and functioning office
- Organise contracts with service partners such as alarm, telecoms provider etc. Negotiate contracts
- Point of contact for the team with any building issues – bringing in builders, plumbers etc. as necessary.
Wholesale Sales Admin – Support wholesale operation by preparing invoices and lists where required
- Prepare paperwork and labels for shipments
- Arrange shipping logistics
Diary management - Maintain management team’s diaries
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc.
Team meeting organisation
- Securing locations
Manage office phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, couriers etc.)
- Maintaining a positive and friendly company image by acting as the first line of contact to visitors, customers, and vendors in person, online, and via telephone.
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work without supervision and highly self motivated
- Excellent written and verbal Communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- A love of filing & paper management
- Basic Bookkeeping
- Excellent computer skills and typing speed
- Competent in equipment handling
- Customer service skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to handle confidential material
- Excellent time management