The Summerill & Bishop shop first opened its doors 21 years ago in Holland Park, London. Started by two incredibly elegant and talented women, June Summerill & Bernadette Bishop, it has been bringing a modern sense of rustic style to West London ever since. Much loved by locals, and lauded by the press and many famous customers, the Summerill & Bishop name has become well known as much for style, as for unusual and top quality products for the home and kitchen.
In 2015 Bernadette’s son took over as CEO and is now leading the company in a new and exciting international direction where we are revolutionizing the tablecloth and developing it from the old fashion item of yesteryear into a contemporary new lifestyle product, which has resulted in a newly created role for a Front end design / developer in our head office.
We have launched our new Shopify website and we firmly believe in mobile first when looking at our online presence and how our customers interact with us.
The main duties of the role:
* Front end developer who can also act as the webmaster.
* Take complete ownership of the ecommerce store to ensure all aspects fall within the brand guidelines and are uniformed .
* Bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation.
* Write code including, but not limited to, PHP * Enhance and build onto the website ensure we are always up to date with new functionality.
* Integration to the retail EPOS system – We are currently using light speed.
* Analyse and define customer journey on mobile and desktop site * Trouble shoot and fix website application issues.
Technical skills must have:
* Experience delivering responsive interfaces that are optimised across mobile, tablet and PC (in this order) .
* Built a website * Shopify or Magento experience.
* Mailchimp experience (other email services would be considered).
Personal skill must have:
* Have a passion for the luxury sector, and understand the current trends of the market.
* Have experience in luxury retail.
* Have the ability to be an active team player * Good time management: Must have the ability to work to deadlines and adapt to changes .
* Looking for a long term career within our company.